Al Neumann is President/Director of Technical Consultants Inc (TCI) which is located in Longboat, Key, Fl. TCI is a training and consulting firm specializing in geometric tolerancing. Al Neumann, President and Director, is a graduate of Central Michigan University. He has worked in a variety of engineering and manufacturing firms related to automotive as well as the defense industry. His exposure and enlightenment to geometric tolerancing began in 1965 working with Chrysler Institute, Chrysler Corporation. There, he provided engineering and manufacturing related training programs as well as geometric tolerancing training to various Chrysler Corp facilities along with its many suppliers.
Al Neumann left Chrysler Corporation and established Technical Consultants Inc (TCI) in 1983. TCI is devoted to education and training in geometric tolerancing and product definition. He is a recognized international expert in geometric dimensioning and tolerancing. He has written many books and has also produced five video training programs on the subject. Mr. Neumann has presented thousands of training programs to hundreds of thousands of people in major corporations throughout the US and worldwide over the past 30 years.
Since 1985, Mr. Neumann’s accomplishments and affiliations have been many including:
- A member on the ASME Y14.5, Dimensioning and Tolerancing subcommittee for the past 22 years.
- Currently serving as vice chair on the ASME Y14.5 subcommittee on dimensioning and tolerancing.
- A past chairman on the US Technical Activities Group to ISO on Dimensioning and Tolerancing and Mathematical Definitions.
- A senior member of the Society of Manufacturing Engineers and the American Society of Mechanical Engineers.
- A member on the ASME Y14.5.1 subcommittee on Mathematical Definitions of Dimensioning and Tolerancing.
- Past service on national and international standards committees for the past 25 years.
Mr. Neumann travels worldwide presenting training and consulting on geometric tolerancing and related subjects. Mr. Neumann works with large and small companies customizing training and education to meet particular needs.
Scott Neumann is a Senior Partner and Chief Project Engineer at Technical Consultants Inc. He specializes in geometric tolerancing and tolerance stack-up and analysis. He is also an expert in measurement and inspection techniques.
Scott presents geometric tolerancing training programs to engineering, manufacturing and quality personnel at major corporations in the USA and around the world for the past 9 years. He has coauthored a book and video series to the ASME Y14.5-2009 standard, “GeoTol Pro, A Practical Guide to Geometric Tolerancing.” He has also coauthored the tolerance stack up book, “Geometric Tolerancing Applications and Tolerance Stacks” to the ASME Y14.5-2009 standard.
Scott is a senior level ASME Y14.5.2 certified, geometric dimensioning and tolerancing professional. Scott is an active support member of the ASME Y14.5 subcommittee on dimensioning and tolerancing. He is also a member on the ASME Y14.5.1 Mathematical Definitions of Dimensioning and Tolerancing committee, ASME Y14.45 Measurement Data Reporting committee, and he represents the USA in the International Standards Organization, ISO TC10 Technical Product Documentation.
Scott graduated from University of Florida with a degree in Mechanical Engineering.
Luis Aguirre is a Senior Instructor for Technical Consultants Inc. Luis is a Former Professor at Long Beach Technical Institute in Long Beach California. Where he was responsible for rewriting the curriculum for Electro-Mechanical Design, Computer Aided Drafting and Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing (GD&T). Luis taught courses in CADD Computer Aided Drafting, Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing (GD&T), Circuit Board Design, Mechanical Drafting, Electronic Drafting, Blueprint Reading, and Design for Manufacturability.
Luis has worked in the aerospace, automotive, Department of Defense, and medical device industries. His experience spans 40 years of working in all aspects; Mechanical Design, Quality, Technical Training, and Engineering.
Luis is an active member of the, ASME Y14.43 (Functional Gaging) and ASME Y14.5.1 Mathematical Definition of Dimensioning and Tolerancing Principles, and a regular attendee at the ASME Y14.5 Dimensioning and Tolerancing Committee meetings.
- 2013- Current GD&T Trainer (Independent contractor)
- Medtronic Spinal and Biologic’s Memphis TN, Sustaining Engineering, GD&T Trainer
- Senior level Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing Professional (GDTP)
- Past V.P. ASME Y14.5 Spanish Committee
- Member of ISO TC 10
- ADDA Past President (American Design Drafting Association)
- Chevron Contractor Long Beach CA, (Petro-Chemical Design)
- PRC/ NASA AMES Dryden, Checker/Designer/GD&T Trainer
- Wright Medical Arlington TN, (Checker/Designer)
- Harvard Industries Ripley TN, (Quality/CMM, Inspector per ASME Y14.43, Y14.5
James E. Jones Is a Senior Instructor and coach. He has over 30 years experience as an engineer and over 25 years as a technical educator. He has worked in the nuclear industry providing training in geometric tolerancing. His areas of technical expertise include pressure equipment, pressure relief devices, fundamental and advanced geometric dimensioning and tolerancing (ASME certified), and the National Electric Code.
1990–present, Bettis Atomic Power Laboratory, West Mifflin, PA, Lead Technical Training Instructor.
Responsible for all technical and engineering training programs at Bettis Laboratory, encompassing a broad range of technical areas. 1992–present Private consultant. Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing (GD&T) instructor for design professionals and draftsmen. Certified as a GD&T professional in 1995 by ASME at the Senior Level. Co-developed GD&T Applications and GDT Stacks and GD&T Applications Training Programs with internationally known GD&T expert, Al Neumann. GD&T teaching experience ranges from companies like Bechtel, Ingersol Rand, Accenture, Composidie, and through branches of Pennsylvania State University.
- Completed SRO Instructor Training Program and NRC Certification at Beaver Valley Unit 1, 1983
- Completed SRO Instructor Training Program and NRC Certification on the SNUPPS Simulator, 1982
- General Electrical Knolls Atomic Power Laboratory [Naval] Nuclear Power Training Program, 1977
- B.S., Marine Engineering (minor in nuclear and electrical engineering), U.S. Merchant Marine Academy, 1976
Professional & Technical
Certified as a GD&T professional in 1995 by ASME at the Senior Level Certified as a Hazardous Materials professional (International Fire Service Accreditation Congress).
John I. Miles is a Senior Instructor, coach, and mentor. He has over 35 years’ experience as a Senior Tool Designer and Dimensional Management SME which includes 12 years as a quality tool designer and 16 years as a GD&T specialist and trainer. Joh Retired from Lockheed Martin Aeronautics Co. in Fort Worth, TX in 2014 with 28+ years. John was the Lockheed Martin Corporate subject matter expert for dimensional management – GD&T and was the chair of the Corporate Community of Practice (CoP). John has taught over 5400 individuals in various levels of GD&T throughout the corporation and with their many machine parts suppliers both domestic and international. John was instrumental in the transition from fully dimensioned 2D drawing practices to a model based definition (MBD – reduced dimensioned drawing) concept for the F-35 program as well as others throughout the corporation.
John has a down to earth presentation style of instruction and adds humor and fun to the learning experience which produces high ratings from those attending his GD&T and Engineering Drawing Standards Seminars. John stresses that no question is too small and that even the simplest question answered incorrectly can be costly to their company.
John also brings extensive experience as a GD&T mentor, working on-site, side-by-side, helping our customers apply GD&T principles to day-to-day real world applications. His expertise and skills were developed while employed at: Lockheed Martin Aeronautics Co in Fort Worth, TX, Lockheed Martin Missiles & Fire Control in Orlando, FL, and at Texas Instruments in Dallas, TX.
John is an ASME Senior Level GD&T Professional S-0650. John has been attending various ASME standards committee meetings since 1988 and he is an officer and/or member of the following:
- Vice Chairman: ASME Y14 Main Committee
- Chairman: ASME Y14 EAPT (Executive Advisory Project Team)
- Chairman: ASME Y14.41 – Digital Product Definition Data Practice
- Support Member: ASME Y14.5 – Dimensioning and Tolerancing
- Member: ASME Y14.2 – Line Conventions and Lettering
- Member: ASME Y14.3 – Multiview and Section
- Member: ASME Y14.37 – Composite Part Drawings
- Member: ASME Y14.43 – Dimensioning and Tolerancing for Functional Gaging
- Member: ASME Y14.100 – Engineering Drawing Practices
- Member: US TAG to ISO/TC 10
- Chairman: ISO/TC 10/WG 16 (ISO 16792 – Digital Product Definition Data Practices) (International version of ASME Y14.41)
Rick Hughes is a Senior Instructor for Technical Consultants Inc. Rick is a Former Professor in the Engineering Technology and Computer Aided Drafting and Design departments of the Division of Industry and Technology at El Camino Community College. Here, Rick taught courses in Basic and Advanced 3-D CADD (CATIA), Computer Aided Drafting (CATIA and others), Computer Integrated Manufacturing, Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing (GD&T), Circuit Board and Chassis Design, Mechanical Drafting, Electronic Drafting, Blueprint Reading, and Introduction to Engineering Design.
Rick has also worked in the aerospace industry for over 40 years working in all aspects; Tooling, Quality, Training, and Engineering.
Rick is an active member of the ASME Y14.5 (Dimensioning and Tolerancing), ASME Y14.43 (Functional Gaging) and ASME Y14.45 (Reporting Inspection Data) committees and the Y14/B89 Joint Working Group.
Vocational Education, UCLA, 18 Units
Associate of Arts Degree, Los Angeles Harbor College. Major: Physics
BSAST, Thomas Edison State College – Specialization in Engineering Graphics
MED, Western Governor’s University – Specialization in Learning and Technolog
Holly Neumann is Director of Business Development, Marketing and Online Learning. She has a BS from University of Florida and MS from Idaho State University. She splits her time and also works as a Physician Assistant in the Emergency Department.
Paul Morris is the Business Manager at TCI. Paul coordinates, schedules and customizes the onsite training courses at the customer’s location.